Mailing Lists: Apple Mailing Lists
Image of Mac OS face in stamp
Re: Java for OS X Developer Preview (11M3705+10M3705a)

Re: Java for OS X Developer Preview (11M3705+10M3705a)

I guess I need to rephrase the question.

The rumor sites are stating as a fact that this is the final release of Java from Apple.  But they're not sourcing that statement.  The possibilities are:

* A leak from Apple (not likely) or Oracle (possible, but they didn't say that, even in vague terms).
* They're pulling it out of their butts based on timing (possible, but if so, say it's a guess, don't state it as a fact).
* I missed an Apple publication of this somewhere (very possible).

I can speculate about the possible sources of a given story as well as anyone…I was really asking if anyone has seen an official statement to the effect that this is the final Apple release of Java that I might have missed.