Mailing Lists: Apple Mailing Lists
Image of Mac OS face in stamp
Re: gatekeeper & developerID

> so we now need to bundle a JRE with our app, we all subscribe to ADC, but when you need Xcode 4+ to use your developerID and versions of Xcode above 2 or 3 don't "do" java how is one supposed to sign one's java app?
> I'm still building on Tiger because then I can - and there Xcode looks after file associations, plist, etc, all done for me :)

You have to create a native launcher which is signed, you don't sign the jar file. You can use whatever Java IDE suits your needs to develop the Java app, then build the launcher using whatever artifacts you generate. XCode was never all that great for Java anyways, there are far better options these days.

-DrD-